Don't leave your parent's care to chance.
Caring for a loved one can be overwhelming. We are here to help families plan when a spouse or parent can no longer live at home without help, with comprehensive planning designed to identify the right advance planning, care and financial strategies for your loved one.
There are five things every person needs to know about long-term care and nursing home planning.
- There is no "magic bullet" or one size fits all solution for long-term care planning. Rather, because each person's care needs and financial situation is different, care planning is much like construction work: from project to project, different tools may be used, or the same tools may be used in different combinations. We choose from over a dozen distinct "tools" to create a plan specifically tailored for each situation.
- Not every situation calls for a "spend down" of assets with the goal of obtaining government benefits. Some people are better served by paying privately for services (such as home care) that can avoid the need for nursing home care or government assistance.
- Expert advice is essential when dealing with eligibility for government benefits. The wrong plan can have very serious unintended consequences, or result in significant missed savings for the family.
- Proper care planning can, in many situations, provide tremendous cost savings for the spouse or family. With proper planning, many families can save $50,000-$100,000 or even more compared to doing nothing.
- In many cases, costs and fees necessary for proper planning can be paid out of funds that would otherwise be used for nursing home care, making the net cost of planning free.
We offer all families a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your situation and how we can help.
To learn more call, or fill out the form below to schedule your free no-obligation consultation.